Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Finally, Good News!

Aug 10:  Application for Certificate of Eligibility mailed to Japan
Aug 19:  Application received in Mito, Japan
Aug 23:  Application submitted to immigration office
Nov 7:  Certificate of Eligibility received in Mito, Japan!!!!
(89 days)

Last night at 8:00 everyone had finally gotten home from work and running errands and were sitting down to dinner.  I was helping get dishes, drinks, and condiments ready to go when I noticed I had missed a call from an +81 number, but had no voicemail.  For those unaware with international calling, each country is assigned a country code to direct the calls (the US is +1, hence the 1-800 numbers).  Japan's country code is +81.  My first thought was that maybe my boyfriend (who is currently in Japan) had tried to call me, but this was odd because we usually talk online as it is much cheaper.  I messaged him and reached him as soon as I could to find out if he had called me, which he hadn't.  I called the number back right away.  Sure enough, it was the school that I will be working for in Japan.  He told me that they had received my paperwork (which would have come last week but it got lost in the mail).  They are sending it to me and I should have it in a week!!!!!  I still have to send for my visa, but I anticipate leaving for Japan shortly after Thanksgiving!

Thank you for your prayers.  Many of you have told me that you have been praying for me and I can't tell you how much it means to me.  God is good, and our prayers have been answered.  With this timing, I will be home for Thanksgiving and see all of my family together before I leave.  What a wonderful celebration of things to be thankful for and a reunion of family!

I finally uploaded pictures, so here are a few of the things I have been up to in my time at home.


Heather and I with two of Daisy's nine puppies

Me, Kellie, and the Nolan kids at Old Settler's Days


One of the two loads of 700 bales of hay I helped unload

Brandon's 18th birthday breakfast

Beautiful sunset at home

Fishing at Roaring River State Park

Alex and Krista Swainsbury's wedding

Sara Bareilles

Sugarland
 
Shopping with Megan on a Thursday date :)

Halloween Party with Bob and Pam
The Band Perry

Reba concert!


Hope you've enjoyed the pictures!  I will let you know when my Certificate comes in the mail.  Thank you again for your prayers, and I look forward to sharing more good news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment