Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am His

Here is another journal entry, this time from June 20, 2011. This was when I realized that after a lot of prayer, research, and wrestling with the idea that God was definitely calling me.


June 20, 2011

I have been called to serve in Japan.

Crazy. Scary. Weird. Awesome.

I don't know what it is. I don't know how I feel. But after a couple of months of prayer, reading, and an open heart I feel confident that God is calling me to GO.

I don't know how or what all it will entail, but things are falling into place. By means outside my own.

I'm going to disappoint a lot of people.

I hate that. I'm a people pleaser. But this is something I need to do. I need to go. I need to teach. I need to serve.

I must be strong.

I am loved. I am supported.

I am His.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes its hard to go away from everything you've known, knowing that you are going to miss it and that you will be missed. But when the ultimate Father calls you to go, how can you say no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly. It's hard to go through with and to accept, but who am I to say that I know better?

    ReplyDelete