Monday, September 12, 2011

Goodbyes



This past week has been a difficult one for me.  I have never been good at saying goodbye to people, especially people I care about.  This is definitely a bittersweet time in my life, as I transition from a place where God placed me and blessed me in many ways to a new and unknown place that God is now calling me.  I was prepared for difficult farewells, but really didn't know what to expect.

Needless to say, I have been completely blown away by the incredible amount of support, compliment, and love that has been shown to me by a wide variety of people.  I was not prepared for the storm of encouragement that I received, both for the time I have spent in Oklahoma and the work that I am about to do.  And for that, I want to thank YOU.  I want to thank everyone who expressed love, faith, confidence, and joy in the things that I have done through my time in America and the things that I will do over the past few years.  You have no idea how much your love and support means to me.  I have been blessed by my encounters with you and could not be more grateful.

So here's to the facebook posts, the going away luncheons, the cupcakes, the hugs, the words from the pulpit, and the hard goodbyes.  Here's to you who opened your home, to homemade ice cream, to walks through the neighborhood, to talks in the forum.  Here's to my friends, colleagues, employers, classmates, roommates, friends, and surrogate family.

There is no possible way that I can express the love and joy that I felt over the past week.  All I can say is

No comments:

Post a Comment